To only show certain pages in a navigation listing, you will need to use the page grouping system. To do this, make sure that you have master permissions, or permissions are turned on for the page grouping. Then do the following:
- Select Pages in the administration area.
- Edit a page, and check the select boxes for any groups the page should be listed in.
- Save the page, and repeat for all other pages.
- Note that you can add the same page to up to five different groups if desired.
- In the custom templates area, use one of the page grouping includes (%NAVIGATION_HORIZONTAL_X%, %NAVIGATION_VERTICAL_X%, %NAVIGATION_HORIZONTAL_X%, %PAGES_HORIZONTAL_X%, %PAGES_TABLE_X%, %PAGES_TABS_X%, %PAGES_VERTICAL_X%) in your template. Replace X with 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, depending on the group you wish to show.
- Save the template.
Example: You wish to show the home page, catalog page and contact page as buttons along a left side bar, and "additional" pages (ie. articles, faqs and wish list), along with your home page link, as horizontal links across the bottom of the page. In the pages area, assign the home page, catalog page and contact page to "Group 1", and assign the home page, articles page, faqs page and gift registry page to "Group 2". Now, in your custom template, use the include %PAGES_TABLE_1% to show only those links in group 1 in a button format, and use the include %PAGES_HORIZONTAL_2% to show only those links in group 2 in a horizontal line on the bottom of your site.
If you have problems adjusting your template, contact the system administrator for assistance.